Fork and Spoon

I finally get to make my 3rd frame! Vestate has been so busy so I haven’t been able to go there in awhile. I got to learn to slice glass. It was also my first time making a frame by myself with no help. The gaps in the corner are even smaller, but they still exist. I found out how to find mouldings myself without asking an expert. I think it turned out great. Something I discovered is that your 3D object can’t be too thick or else the glass won’t fit. How I found this out is by comparing two different spoons and forks. I found that clear plastic cutlery shows glue through the head which makes the picture look messier. They also make the faces seem less clear. The backing is harder on a shadow box because the object can stick out of the back making the frame really hard to hang. Something really cool about making the frame is choosing everything to make. I found that putting the paper backing has gotten a lot easier. I can smoothly cut the paper without getting too much over the edge. So far that’s all that happened this week.

Image_20230118_104755_981.jpeg