What I Did This Week

I found that magnets were really hard to make, so I made little charms that combined my friends’ favorite animals with their favorite desserts. Before making them a final product I had to make a practice one to make sure it will look good. So far I have practiced making a dog before doing the actual thing. I also worked on the real thing and found that adding superglue can help parts stick together if they crack after it’s too late. Although, the superglue is really helpful it leaves a shiny lump. I found that sometimes you would have to paint over the spot a few times so that the paint can fully coat the clay.

In the beginning of this project I coloured the sculptures with markers. When doing it that way I found that it can have different textures. For example, if I used alcoholic-based markers it will leave streaky lines while water-based did the exact opposite. Now that I have bought some acrylic paint I realized that it’s a lot harder to let the clay piece dry.

Another thing that I did was ask my experts more questions. I found that some of them answered quickly and some of them didn’t even respond back. Luckily I had more than just one expert so I didn’t have many issues to worry about.

I also updated some parts of my Canva slideshow. Here is the link!

Click here!

That’s all I did this week!